We celebrate the Sinulog Festival at Cebu every 3rd Sunday of January. This year, we are celebrating it on January 21. Here are a few trivia about this famous Philippine festival:
1. The word Sinulog comes from the Cebuano adverb “sulog” which means “like water current movement;” it describes the forward-backward movement of the Sinulog dance.
2. The Sinulog dance originated from Baladhay, who is the adviser of Rajah Humabon. Baldhay who was allegedly cured from sickness by Sto. Niño.
3. “Viva Pit Señor!” means “Long live, call on the Lord!”
4. Sto. Niño is the patron saint of Cebu City. It was a gift of Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan to Rajah Humabon’s wife, Hara Amihan. She took a new name Queen Juana upon her baptismal.
5. The festival is considered to be first of most popular festivals in Philippines and also famous for its street parties.
Just like at Bigby’s, we want you to experience a food party everyday! Experience the Sinulog Festival at Bigby’s Cebu and try our signature dishes and appetizers!
It’s surely a feast when you celebrate Sinulog Festival at Bigby’s!
Visit us at our Bigby’s Cebu branches located at:
• Upper Ground Floor, The Northwing, SM City Cebu
• 2nd Level, The Terraces, Ayala Entertainment Center
For the complete list of branches, visit http://bigbyscafe.com/location